Dienstag, 8. November 2011

Trivium Interview

Trivium 2011
Trivium was one of the first metal bands I listened to. Back in the days, I had already spun Ember to Inferno quite a few times, and I found it pretty good. So when Ascendancy was released, I figured I'd check it out. Oh if I had known how Ascendancy would blow me away. I was hooked.

Since then, I followed the band through their young career. My first real "metal-concert" was a Trivium show. Actually, there was a little gem supporting that night: Annihilator(!), with Sanctity opening.
The headbanging, the fist-pumping, mosh-pits and even a cirle-pit - those young guys from Orlando introduced me to all of that. I still remember thinking to myself how badass all of this was.

What's funny is, that Trivium actually introduced me to checking out YouTube guitar lessons and the sweeping technique, but I digress...

Naturally, I've developed quite a bit during all those years. I'm now drawn to different music, other things are important in my life. But somehow, Trivium has stayed. I still love listening to Ascendancy and thinking back to those "good old days" as they say.

So when In Waves was released, I bought it like the good citizen that I pretend to be. And I somehow rediscovered them. Their whole new approach to songwriting and the visual presentation - the out-of-the-box thinking - it all made them interesting for me once again.

So when the possibillity to interview one of my favourite bands came around, I got excited and nervous right away. What would I ask them? What could I ask them? Would they take me seriously? Would I be able to somehow hide my excitement?

Well, here's how it all turned out:

Part 1



Part 2



Video for In Waves



Video for Built to Fall

Keine Kommentare: